Putting together the information she gathered over the years about food allergies, her love of literature, and the instincts of a teacher, Upadhyay has conceived a children’s book that…
- Explains the meanings of confusing terms like “cross-contamination” and “accidental exposure”
- Evaluates real-life scenarios that children with a peanut allergy are likely to encounter
- Explores the conflict of emotions and impulses that children with a food allergy face when confronted with difficult choices
- Brainstorms strategies that teach allergic children what they themselves can do to ensure their own safety
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases through these affiliate links.)
Why This Story?
Parenting a child with an anaphylactic allergy, the author has experienced the helplessness, frustrations and anxieties of many other parents faced with the challenges of a similar situation. This journey, inevitably, was meant to be the inspiration for Upadhyay’s first published book. She feels compelled to share this story, so close to her heart, hoping not only to offer strategies and reinforcement for affected children and their families, but also to raise awareness and a deeper understanding in everyone else.
When Little Prince finds out he suffers from a peanut allergy, he is confused and afraid. But he does not give up. He decides to actively look for solutions.
- Will he be able to find any answers?
- Will he still be able to do all the things he loves?
- Will he be able to keep himself safe?
- Will he be able to put together his ideas and come up with a road-map?
Join Little Prince on his journey of awareness and understanding! Find out if Little Prince emerges strong and triumphant!
A Meaningful Story In More Ways Than One …
Through the character of Little Prince, Upadhyay presents someone who is resourceful, resilient, creative, proactive and optimistic. Little Prince effectively takes charge of his allergy and minimizes the risks of reactions by taking prudent precautions, and by gathering information and expanding his knowledge. Upadhyay hopes that the character and his methodical approach to finding solutions will inform, inspire and encourage all readers.
Get a copy of The Prince’s Armor – A Peanut Allergy Awareness Story to read with your child or to pack as a helpful gift for family and friends! Reach out to caregivers, classmates and community members, with information that will help facilitate their understanding and make it easier for them to keep your child safe.